The Head teacher, Staff and Governors of Cranford Park CE school are aware of their responsibility under the Equality Act 2010, which requires schools to have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation and all other conduct that is prohibited by the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics- between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Protected Characteristics under the Equality Act 2010
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Race (colour, nationality and ethnic or national origin)
- Religion or belief (including lack of belief)
- Sex (gender)
- Sexual Orientation (heterosexual, homosexual, lesbian and bisexual)
We appreciate that a culture which promotes equality will create a positive environment and a shared sense of belonging for all who work, learn and use the services of our school. We are committed to creating a community that recognises and celebrates difference within a culture of respect and co-operation. We therefore welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010 as both a provider of education and as an employer. Our Equality Policy is available on our policies page.
We have considered how well we currently achieve these aims with regard to the protected groups under the Equality Act and have considered our objectives for improvement as follows:
To improve attendance fpr disadvantaged pupils to bring it in line with the attendance for non-disadvantaged children at a target of 96%.
To actively promote and prioritise raising awareness, appreciation and celebration of diversity including gender, sexuality, race, culture and religion through all aspects of school life, ensuring all pupils feel valued.
To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extracurricular opportunities.
For further details, please contact the school.